Sunday, March 4, 2012

Update to my previous post

When I posted that link to a petition about Rush and AOL supporting him after his comments on women and birth control the count was just under 14,000. Now, it's over 50,000 just several hours later*. That one petition alone. People are making a difference. His advertisers are dropping him, quite a few of them, not just a couple. The outcry is serious enough to make a real dent here. Every link you post to a petition, every person you inform about this kind of thing has a cumulative effect. Never tell yourself that you can't make a difference. It's a snowball effect and shows the power of the internet in making a difference about things like this.
I for one am quite happy to count myself among the staggering amount of people who are speaking out against this kind of hatred towards women. It fucking needs to stop. No more excuses. Not just for Rush, either, but for every politician who misrepresents the bulk of their voter base by seemingly being determined to drag us back into the dark ages where revealed knowledge trumps reality.

I have a message for all of you: over my rotting corpse

 *lack of time difference here is from a copy and paste from my other more private journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment